Search the forum,

Discuss Ferrolli domicompact f24b - fan/pcb F5 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

New to this forum, hoping someone can help

I’ve been called to my neighbors boiler yesterday.

Ferrolli domicompact f24b - I know Ferrolli 🙁

Fault showing up F5 and go nothing
Reset boiler numerous times and nothing just F5

I’ve downloaded the manual an f5 says APS or fan

The fan spins freely perfect,
I’ve taken out APS and blown down tube an that’s clicking/switching fine
Also check continuity on APS and that’s ok,
I’ve taken fan out and checked for damaged etc but all ok, everything seems fine

Placed both back on an checked voltage at fan terminals and I’m getting 23v constant

Boiler off at fuse spare
Boiler back on
Display shows water temps etc pump kicks in,
Hear diverter switch over, NO FAN AT ALL
display shows F5
Reset and try again - same again
Fan doesn’t spin at all

Checked all connections an all ok,

I’m now thinking PCB ?? Because of the 23v at fan terminals

I then made up a test lead and plugged direct onto fan terminals with 240v off a plug an fan spins full speed no problems at all so I know the fans ok.

Also checked all hoses on APS etc an all ok..

Would anyone else think PCB

I’ve purchased a new PCB hoping it’s that but any thoughts anyone

The boiler manual doesn’t give much info on this fault

Many thanks all

Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of boiler repairs in the open forums. You'll need to send your GSR credentials to the forum moderators to gain access to the closed forum.

Reply to Ferrolli domicompact f24b - fan/pcb F5 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked the following: 240v at supply connections All internal push on connections are correctly fitted to the PCB board The transformer is giving the correct...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, My combi-boiler has just given up heating the house and basically only delivers hot water. While in central heating mode it heats up and stops to prevent overheating of the internal section of system. No fault or error code are displayed. Suspicion: 3-way changeover valve assy. So I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock