Search the forum,

Discuss Outside tap hose union .. odd size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

patters_uk

Apologies if this should be in another forum but been trying to locate a hose union for an outside tap. Usual sizes are 3/4" or 1" but this one is somewhere between the 2 and the usual DIY sheds don't stock what I am looking for. I have both a 3/4" and 1" union, neither fit, one too small the other too big :-(

So the size I am looking for is probably metric or a 7/8" male thread. The tap is marked BS 1010-2
IMG_0596.jpg

The thread size and pitch are crudely measured are as follows.
IMG_0598.jpgIMG_0597.jpg

I guess I could swap the tap but I'd prefer to find the right union.

Any help appreciated

Denis

It's probably cost more in petrol looking for it than the cost of a new tap. Just stick a new tap on.

Looks like one of those DIY tap kits , For what a replacement tap costs its better to replace it ! at least it will have a standard size end.

i agree with everyone else, just swap for a new tap. this time without an integrated non return valve, as they are not to regulations.

I changed an outside tap today in less than a minute for a cousin. It was dripping. New one cost about a fiver.....no brainer

i agree with everyone else, just swap for a new tap. this time without an integrated non return valve, as they are not to regulations.
Doesn't it state that if practicable fit a DCV inside the building,.....but if DCV incorporated into existing tap then the replacement can be internal in new tap ( ideally you want to fit DCV inside the property)?

Thanks for all the replies. The tap is installed outside a stable block at a large horse yard, so not a DIY fit. The concern I have in replacing, which I can do is whether the right angle union into which the tap fits is an odd size too.

The fact that the tap conforms to BS1010-2 is what I find strange. Would that cover both threads or does it only cover the pipework end and not the hose end of the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap hose union .. odd size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock