Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss old baxi gas fire boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lwcrs2001

hello people, i am after any sort of advice on my old baxi gas fire. i will be replacing it soon when i can afford it. but for now just would like some information regarding it. It all works fine and i have notice that the rads up stairs do not get really hot so ive have a look at the f&e tank in my loft and notice alot of sludge in it, so i am going to drain the system, clean f&e tank, fill back up, add some cleaner, run heating for a while, re drain then fill and add inhibitor to it. what i wanted to know aswell, when i was looking around the system i have notice 4no pipes going in to the back of the gas fire, in which i only thought it would have a flow and return. i can not see a 3port valve anyway near my cylinder, just a pump for heating. Do baxi have their flow and return for heating and flow and return for the coil on my cylinder. Hope i have explained it well and havent made myself look like a idiot, and any help much appreciated

Stupid question, but have you tried to bleed the upstairs radiators? Could be full of air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old baxi gas fire boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock