Discuss Oil Pipe Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a leak then havent you, could slip a non return on tank outlet but only real option is to cure your leak.

Chelmsford Plumbing and Heating Ltd Aren't a million miles away, on the Which trusted traders website.

Pipework was done by the oftec plumber. Normal compressions, NO INSERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Their solution is to buy an oil lifter, but to my mind is the power of a wet vac can't get the oil through I don't see how an oil lifter will.

None of the joints are weeping, but I guess that doesn't mean they are air tight. What the best way t ensure they are air tight?

just reread this, try using inserts, you might get a decent seal, better still do it properly with flared fittings

had this before we used a hand pump to get the fuel to the tiger loop with a non return on the fuel line at the tank once the fuel was in the loop it ran brilliant

Steven

Am I missing something? An oil lifter has been recommended...what for? It's just a top outlet tank.
The Tank top should have a non return valve and an anti-syphon valve, I'd be checking them.

Am I missing something? An oil lifter has been recommended...what for? It's just a top outlet tank.
The Tank top should have a non return valve and an anti-syphon valve, I'd be checking them.
It's an underground tank, you would struggle to syphon that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Pipe Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Hi guys, we moved into a place last Dec with an old Grant Euroflame oil boiler with 4 pipes, one set with a Grundfos pump on it and the other set...
Replies
Views
Sam Grocock
S
Just to be really clear I will not be doing any of the work mentioned below. This will all be carried out by Gas Safe Engineers. I'm looking to...
Replies
Views
Yo! I've been a ng and lpg engineer for the past 15 years, mainly worked for companies but went out on my own the beginning of this year and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Danesmoor 20/25, about 18 years old. B11 burner. We came home a few days ago to find our boiler in lockout, and not wanting to restart...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock