Currently reading:
Oil Pipe Run

Discuss Oil Pipe Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jez

Trying to get the heating on for my new build.

I've got an underground oil tank that's set 2m into the ground. The tank is fitted with an Atkinson tank top.

The pipe run comes out of the tank top in 10mm qual pipe and runs fairly flat for 34 meters. It then turns into a setvice pit and over the next 500mm connects to a fire value, filter and tiger loop then drops 4m into the basement to the boiler.

After days of trying we can't get the oil to flow. Atkison's say that it shoukdn't be a problem, but it obviously is. The Oftec installer that I've used says I need to buy an oil lifter. I'd rather not as its electrical and one more thing to break down.

The boiler runs if we rig up a tempory tank before it drops into the basement and using a wet vac we can feel suction down the pipe.

Suggestions please as its getting cold!!

Thanks in advance,
Jez.

Pressure test the line with a test pump to check for leaks (this should have been done already by the installer but I'm guessing it hasn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Pipe Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock