Discuss Oil heating/ towel rail question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumb1

Easy for those in the know but can someone advise me whether I can have a water filled bathroom towel radiator with il central heating. I am sure this is the case and think this is what is in the existing radiator atm. I assume you can only get electric and water filled towel radiators?

You can buy towel Warner's that connect to a conventional heating system ie heated via a boiler that has a immersion element incorporated in the radiator valve for use in the summer when you have the heating off.

if that's what you mean?

I read the OP as asking can a water filled type towel rail be connected to an oil fired heating system.
Answer is, yes, any fuel type (gas or oil or solid fuel etc) that works a water filled heating system can heat a water filled towel radiator.

I read the OP as asking can a water filled type towel rail be connected to an oil fired heating system.
Answer is, yes, any fuel type (gas or oil or solid fuel etc) that works a water filled heating system can heat a water filled towel radiator.

I think thats how I read it as well :)

I think thats how I read it as well :)

I try to learn the lingo.
I find a lot of people are confused about radiators & many think each fuel type requires specific radiators. I get some saying about the oil going around their rads.
Used to see ads in my local paper selling second hand radiators of various sizes " suitable for solid fuel heating " or " for oil heating ". :smile:

Thanks to those who have offered a useful response to my question and yes some people do get confused to know what a bathroom towel radiator needs to be used with different types of heating.
For those who have offered a sarcastic and rude response, maybe you need to remember you are on a forum and the whole point of a forum is to help people out on their plumbing issues, not to waste peples time reading useless responses to genuine questions!

There were no rude or sarcastic posts . Merely ones trying to work out what your op meant.

Wind your neck in and change the attitude or you'll get no help at all.

There are ways and means of determining what I meant and would prefer no reply rather than sarcastic ones. Conversation closed on this matter please!

I often wonder how these people would react if they had to pay for the free advice they seek and nearly always receive from pros on this and other forums

I don't think there was rude or sarcastic remarks made up until you accused some of us of exactly that. I know I replied to your post with a concise answer, - that was after I reread your OP a few times to try to understand your wording. Forums tend to have humour with helpful facts. You should take it on the chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil heating/ towel rail question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have an electric towel rail which has stopped working. All the lights are flashing from blue to red and the boost light is flashing green I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Can I simply undo the screws on this heater towel rail, make sure it's off and prop it up while I paint the wall behind it? I saw...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I’ve got a blockage somewhere that’s preventing the GCH bathroom towel rail from heating. Plumber has offered to try and resolve it at...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock