Discuss Oil heating EOGB X400 . I have no idea what I'm doing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Babawin

Hi I'm a tenant . I've never had my own home with my boyfriend before , and basically I'm never renting again after this !
Anyway. Outside is a heating thing called an EOGB X400 . When we got oil put in the tank ( there's half a tank left I've checked with a pole!) a red light in a main button came on , we pressed the button we could see a flame it made noises etc then we could control the heating from inside using a acl lifestyle lp112 thing on the wall. One side of buttons controlled hot water one side controlled heating. We never used the hot water side as when we put the heating on , we found that the water was staying hot anyway or it was getting hot without the heating being on and was just getting hot ( I don't know maybe the thing outside would just heat the water as it was on). Anyway. We recently had a power trip and now there plugs to that room are off as it kept tripping all he plugs in the house even when nothing was plugged in the room. So now that room is off and it has been off since we moved in until we decided to use it. The motor thing outside since the trip now doesn't have any power to it. The red light doesn't come on for start up and there's no other lights. When I press the botton nothing happens ( I have oil left) . BUT this is what I don't get. The controls inside , have a hot water button and a heating side. Now when I used to press the heatin side you could hear it start up then it would get louder and then quite then loud as it was heating but obviously now as the thing outside isn't on it isn't doing anything when I turn the heating on from inside BUT when I turn the hot water on inside the thing outside fires up ( there's a fle and burning noises and the radiators get warm ) but the motor isn't on and it isn't load as what it was when I put the heating button on. So what's going on with with it? When this hot water is on I go out , open the door up to the motor and I see a flame and I press the button that doesn't light up red anymore and the motor makes a noise for ten seconds then stops and then nothing but becuase I have the hot water on from inside the flame is on and it's burning and the motor will make a noise but when it's off inside the motor won't even respond when I press the bottom :( I keep telling the landlord it needs fixing it isn't right, the water isn't as hot -and I'm having cold showers :( what is happening why is it flaming for hot water then nothing for heating argh do I need a plumber

True story, could be many things, but nothing that is just a quick fix.
They have a duty (I believe) to get your boiler back up and running so you have heat and hot water, since you are paying rent and not getting all you are paying for, get on their case and say you want a discount on your months rent for not having these things.
That's the good thing about renting, you don't get big bills, you get things cheap or free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil heating EOGB X400 . I have no idea what I'm doing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock