Discuss nvq 6129 what next NVQ HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dukenukem006

my son has passed his 6129 but with no portfolio evidence his tutor says he has to do it over next term and come back the following year to start 2nd year . he has now started with a company and they say that they can finish it for him in 12 weeks all the work needed as they want this so he can get his second year out the way this following term is there companies out there we can pay and register with to complete his nvq so he can enrol on 2nd year apprenticeship at college they have that much work on with the company he has started with that they don t see a problem in getting all evidence thay need him on his 2nd now rather than starting in another year i am aware of all work needed but they are committed and my son is also in helpling him . IS THERE A WAY OF GETTING IT DONE

Sorry to break the bad news but a 6129 is not an NVQ. An NVQ is a different qual that will work with the 6129 to become a full level 2 student

Your son will still need to do the second year. But it is vital that your son also enrols and completes the NVQ level 2 as this will give him an entry into gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a lot of work in the upgrade from 6129 to nvq 2, you need to be aware of that. it may not take 12 months but at least 6 months even for the most enthusiastic young learner.
he may have to do the new 6189 diploma

The 6129 is basically the joke of the industry. This is what the last Labour government wanted to introduce into every school for 14 year old boys, but couldn't due to health and safety issues. They then went on to propose to get teachers[read-non plumbing related] to teach this, but industry representatives that teach and keep standards real said "what will you do with all the REAL plumbing teachers and engineers, sack them?" So they opted to implement in some places instead of a complete step-change.
At best it's a foot in the door.

never heard of that kimou, do you have any links to this info?

I have always associated it with what kimou said as that was what was happening the last year i left school.
If you was able to choose between the diploma and the nvq what would you choose.?

I have always associated it with what kimou said as that was what was happening the last year i left school.
If you was able to choose between the diploma and the nvq what would you choose.?

diploma and nvq? there was no diploma till this year, and now its an nvq diploma

Here is a course that says it's aimed primarily at the 14-16 age group.
Plumbing Training | EDI Level 1 National Award PLumbing Courses

Fuuzy.
I will ask him specifically next time I see him and let you know if I can remember this thread as I'm interested to know more also.
This is another link from 1999. About the proposals being set in motion and never came to pass.
BBC News | Education | Woodhead says pupils should learn a trade

thats nothing to do with the tech cert mate. thats the governments considerations on 14-16 year olds doing vocational learning. there are specific vocational courses for these, not the 6129. the 2 things are not linked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nvq 6129 what next NVQ HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock