Search the forum,

Discuss Nvq 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jbrooks

Hi guys

I left school and went to college full time to do plumbing I did level 2 and 3 diplomas and then got a apprenticeship which I'm just finishing nvq 2 with in the next couple of weeks. Now I been giving the opportunity to do the nvq 3.

I'm just asking what's the benefits of getting the nvq 3 over just having nvq 2

Thanks
Jay

Its bigger and better and if you can get it for free - fill your wellies !
More of the same but more in depth and when i did mine a few years ago - emphasis - system design was dealt with alot more as well as unvented.
Alot more technical than the 2 and in depth

In case you want a job with British gas see etc down the line. Lots of firms you might want to work for or building companies you might want to sub to require an nvq3. Level 2 is novice and level 3 is experienced and you can get ur gas safe , wras and unvented tickets a t the same time for free (mine were). Its another 2 years of having a day off for a week but its a good laugh in college, you get to learn loads more as you get to talk about work to the other boys and ask them and the tutors anything ur stuck on or dont know how to do. If its worth it its up to U but it will make you a better plumber and u'll have access to more .work but it'll cost U that day a week. And the exams are a piece of pis$

Last edited:
Thanks guys I done the full time level 3 so the Nvq 3 would mean they only come on site to assess me. So wouldn't have to go back to college only one evening a week to do my English. But the college are so useless keep losing forums and teachers leaving so no one nos what's going on. whuch has made the Nvq 2 a nightmare to do.

How to do gas safe and wras and unvented done though a company or did you apply for each. How you get it for free

Many thanks
Jay

Thanks guys I done the full time level 3 so the Nvq 3 would mean they only come on site to assess me. So wouldn't have to go back to college only one evening a week to do my English. But the college are so useless keep losing forums and teachers leaving so no one nos what's going on. whuch has made the Nvq 2 a nightmare to do.

Which one come on name & shame !!

The unvented came as part of the level 3 assessment and the gas safe was an assessment at the end the college offered to pay the eras for us which I used to get my water safe (free) all paid for by welsh government and being employed full time as an apprentice. Find a decent college and you'll get the same good luck

Wicked, didn't realise you get your unvented ticket with level 3 and I do remember when I was full time the college said something about gas safe for free. Hope that is the case just the college take so long to do things. Signed up for Nvq 2 in August and took them till December to get me on course. Now I have one exam todo which I should of took by now but the guy dealing with it signed off sick so no ones doing nothing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nvq 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I got my water regs when I completed my NVQ level 3, in 2017. Do you have to renew this every year?
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I just wanted to know this before potentially starting an NVQ level 2 in Plumbing and Heating next year or so because I might find it difficult to fit the NVQ in with my non-construction-related full-time job.
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am Aiden longster and I am looking for some plumbing work. I have just completed my level 2 diploma and either looking for a level 3 apprenticeship or some work
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock