Search the forum,

Discuss How many days do you typically go onsite as an NVQ level 2 Plumber? in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

I just wanted to know this before potentially starting an NVQ level 2 in Plumbing and Heating next year or so because I might find it difficult to fit the NVQ in with my non-construction-related full-time job.

Also depends what arrangement you have with your work based recorder. If you are good (and you wouldn't benefit from a bit of experience working with him/her generally?) and he's getting paid handsomely for you being there, then you might get away with just doing the installations and the maintenance tasks required for your portfolio.

Fastest scenario is he has a number of sites all available for you to work on and you can fit a basin, bath and radiator in each of them, plus carry out a number of small repairs. I have a feeling you can't be seen to carry out more than one installation on each site.

Realistically, if you are working for someone (even if just for NVQ portfolio purposes), he or she is unlikely to want you doing the bare minimum for your portfolio at one site and then clearing off. And there is always the risk of a WBR deciding he doesn't like something you've done (feels it's not to industry standards) and refusing to sign something off.

Technically, you don't absolutely have to prove your NVQ experience via a WBR and in exceptional circumstances there are other ways of showing site experience for the NVQ,, but I wouldn't make an alternative route a part of the plan. A bit confused as to how you plan to do a college course that usually takes a day a week for two years while in a full-time job, but if you say you can, then I assume you can, and, in fairness, I myself cut a lot of my course short by doing a lot of the self study at home so as to get ahead with what was going on in the classroom.

Reply to How many days do you typically go onsite as an NVQ level 2 Plumber? in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I was curious about how many tasks you lot did to pass your portfolio in NVQ level 2 P&H. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
I want to start off by saying that I have never worked in a construction environment in my entire life, so I am very unknowledge in this area. I have only worked at a coffee shop for 5 years of my life. I am currently doing a Plumbing L2 and next year will start an NVQ L2. For the NVQ I will...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me out with the essential 'on the tools' experience. I work full time at the moment and am used to an above min wage salary, I understand I will have to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock