Search the forum,

Discuss Noticed a new feature on the new forum? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
whose noticed the new feature that a few of you wanted / wanted the old system back?
[automerge]1570993977[/automerge]
............... test :) ................

I'm newish to this forum, and had a few posts merge. To be honest I don't like the feature as you loose the trail of the conversation and it breaks up the flow. I responded to a question and then edited it, both edits appeared as a merged response. First forum I've seen with this feature. Not a fan.

Last edited:
You know, there's a way to get it not kick in.

Just click edit on your previous post. It'll only do it when you are the last person to reply already, so you have to ask, why are you replying again to yourself?

It can only be when you've got something else to add. So perhaps just edit your original post.

I made a guide on the sparky forum for it here: How to avoid double post merging...

Replying twice in a row in a thread will also affect your post to likes ratio.

But the main reason we have it, is to make sure the posts are longer than a sentence long each. Which is bad when it comes to ranking in search engines.

We have a nice big long first post, then lots of people replying with just a sentence. And that makes the whole thread have a bad ranking because search engines think the page isn't interesting if people haven't posted a long post.

So just edit your original post. Depending on your main usergroup the time to edit your post is up to about 90 minutes. If you're a newish member (low post counts) you might find it's around 20 minutes.

But the feature isn't going away anytime soon so get used to it.

Again, read this guide here: How to avoid double post merging...

Reply to Noticed a new feature on the new forum? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away. The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago. Looking at the pipe on the wall it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I had a new kitchen installed and I have noticed since that there is a sewage smell that is very noticeable first in the morning. I m thinking it’s the trap seal, looking like it’s an S trap rather than a P trap that could be causing the water level to drop overnight. Any advice please ?
Replies
Views
I removed three of these sections to clean and when I put them back together I noticed leaking. Please can you advise on how to attach them correctly. Thank you.
Replies
Views
I'm about to install a new American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. It's upside down about to receive the wax ring and I noticed there's a small crack in the underside of the bowl. It looks like a place where they plug an opening during casting. I've attached a photo. No sign of a crack in the inside...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock