Search the forum,

Discuss non return / check valve query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gnome

we have no check valves on our old multipoint domestic water heater so will our new one (rinnai 16i soon to be fitted) need one installed .

Your installer will fit one if required

when would one be required as i mentioned we never had one before and we are replacing a multipoint with a similar mulipoint

your installer will know

Mr Gnome, the reason Shaun , anybody else and me included is not really answering your question is because its sounds like you fancy fitting it yourself , apologies if I have got this wrong .

Mr Gnome, the reason Shaun , anybody else and me included is not really answering your question is because its sounds like you fancy fitting it yourself , apologies if I have got this wrong .

Yes I have just bricked /plastered the old hole and cut the new 110mm fanflu hole today.I will have the heater up tomorrow with a view of attaching the inlet and outlet water supply.ofcourse I will be leaving the gas supply to be corgi connected but I wanted to do the majority myself as I am very fussy with making sure the outside brickwork looks neat along with a tidy plastered interior and I will have all connections lined up to the mm .
Surely it's not against regs to attach water supply .....im a cabinet maker and very fustideous to everything looking perfect inside and outside . I .don't think a plumber would of taken as much care /attention as myself

Last edited by a moderator:
I can totaly understand your actions, I love spot on brickwork / plasterwork etc and yes a lot of engineers will not do it to your standards. With the greatest respect you should nt have cut the flue, you probably have got it right , but its one of the easiest things to get wrong.

did you have a look a mi's before you made the hole?

Here endeth the lesson.

I love the way you come on here asking our advice and then insult us.

I think I'll go knock up a few cabinets. I'm fairly fussy. I feel that a mere cabinet maker probably couldn't manage to meet my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to non return / check valve query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock