Discuss Noise and vibration from HW system when CH is on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grogey

Hi all,

In the hotpress, I'm getting noise and vibration at the 'cold return' pipes heading to the boiler from the hot water cylinder, heating coil.
This strangely happens when the the CH is ON but when the hot water heating is OFF.

The vibrations can be felt when holding the pipes where they disappear under the hotpress floor. I am definitely not confusing the CH pipes with the HW pipes. The noise can be heard throughout the house.

Two motorised valves located adjacent the hot water cylinder distribute the boiler feed to either the cylinder or the radiators. Activating the HW system stops the noise.

I'm assuming air in the system is the cause but can't figure out a connection between the CH and HW.

Any ideas before I call my plumber. I'm struggling to get a plumber to call out for minor jobs, especially one that is more irritation than major fault. They are all very busy with big jobs. Any info that could speed resolving this would help us both.

Cheers

Grogey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise and vibration from HW system when CH is on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock