Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No water from Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gungaabayar

Hi all
I have just changed the gate valve which stops cold water into hot water tank. and filled it from tank in loft. But no water goes to all hot water taps (including kitchen, basin and bath) from cylinder. I thought the new gate valve is stuck in closed position. and take it back ,but it is OK. Im going to put the gate valve back again and filling the cylinder . How and what do I have to do? Possible air lock on the top of the cylinder? Any idea guys,

cheers
DG

First get rid of gate valve and fit full flow leaver valve ! sounds like you have air lock in hot system, lots of ways to clear, mixer tap [Kitchen] usely works best, look on YouTube Proberly be a video showing how to do it

First get rid of gate valve and fit full flow leaver valve ! sounds like you have air lock in hot system, lots of ways to clear, mixer tap [Kitchen] usely works best, look on YouTube Proberly be a video showing how to do it

there is no mixer tap in this flat. separate tap both hot and cold water. thats nightmare under kitchen tap, no enough room, old pipes etc.

Also I put new service valve in the pipe of the cylinder which leads to hot water taps.

Can I take it out and let air out and put it back will cure the problem or not?

P.S. Can I use the lever valve you mentioned as a service valve in the hot water outlet of cylinder to the taps?

cheers again

Last edited by a moderator:
Washing machine valves for hot and cold? Connect together and give it a blast for a few seconds. Watch what you are doing though.

As simon suggests above. Otherwise drain down again and open your lowest hot tap first then fill up, it often works

As simon suggests above. Otherwise drain down again and open your lowest hot tap first then fill up, it often works

OK
I'm draining cylinder now . wonder why need to drain the cylinder fully. half way drain and open the lowest tap and fill it up wont work? what is the difference?

cheers

I drained the cylinder down fully and fiiled it with bath hot water tap open. It works.
Thank you very much. Saved me a lot money.

Cheers again
DG.

Glad it's sorted; but to be fair a half decent plumber could have done the job for a modest sum, not necessarily a 'lot of money' ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water from Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock