Search the forum,

Discuss No heat in the radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeF00

Hi, i recently had a problem with the radiators on the ground floor of my house not getting warm when the heating was switched on. A bloke from the utility supplier came around and said that radiators had to be delicately balanced so the upper floor didn't hog all the hot water and some was available to circulate around the ground floor. Which he did before leaving. Whilst i understand what he's saying , im starting to think that the pump is just knackered , because as soon as he left the radiators went cold again.

i have checked the rads and there is no air in the system and they all full of water, but cold. The emersion heater is however nice and hot.
The bolier is a non-combi and is quite old (about 18 years) and is situated downstairs in the kitchen. The emersion heater is upstairs.

any ideas???

no air in rads. I'm probably wrong , but its seems to me there is no movement of water through the system, which makes me think of a pump failure?

Means the rotor's seized. Turn it off, unscrew the cap on the end, stick a screwdriver in and try turning it.

Then, with the cap off, turn the power back on, gently and carefully stick the screwdriver in and see if you can feel the rotor spinning.

Sounds like the pump but i would suggest getting someone to look at it or phone the company to come back. It could be a pipework issue if they haven't been piped up in the right size, could be a sludge build up.

Check your central heating tank has water in it.

Your downstairs circuit could be slugged up if your pump isn't kaput.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heat in the radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock