Discuss "NO DRILLING REQUIRED" Bathroom Fixtures & Fittings - Have Look At These - Any Good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bazzy

Hi All,

Apologies if this in the wrong section but I was wondering what the opinion of all you experts was on the "No Drilling Required" Bathroom fixtures & fittings? I ahem just had some really nice (& expensive!) tiles fitted & it would be a shame to drill holes all over the place! It would also mean that when accessories break, wear out etc, one can simply replace daily with something new rather than try to hunt down the exact same thing way down the road! I am having disabled wet room done so there will be lots of grab rails & things like shelves, soap dishes, toilet roll holders, towel rails, glass & toothbrush holders, clothes hooks etc.

I have found three things - one is a German product but available in the UK, another is made by Croydex & finally a tip from a UK Workman! Please kindly view each & pass honest opinions - don't get too mad at me if you think they are carp or might be not too good - I'm just your average, ignorant layperson about these things! Which of the following do you all think is the better system (if any!)

These are just some I found as a novice but if any knows of something better then please let me know!!

Thank You!
Bazzy!

GERMAN SYSTEM:

No Drill Grab Bar Installation For Tile - No Drilling Required - YouTube

No Drill Grab Bar Installation For Tile - No Drilling Required - YouTube

no drilling required Shower Bar Installation For Tile - No Drilling Required - YouTube

No Drill Bath Accessory Installation For Tile - No Drilling Required - YouTube

No Drill Shower Caddy Installation For Tile - No Drilling Required - YouTube

CROYDEX FLEXI-FIX SYSTEM:

Flexi-Fix Bathroom Accessories - YouTube

Croydex. Bathroom Accessories | Stick On Bathroom Accessories | Online, UK | Croydex

UK Handyman Silicone Fixing Tip:

How to fix to tiles without drilling - YouTube

Silicone strength - YouTube

Re: "NO DRILLING REQUIRED" Bathroom Fixtures & Fittings - Have Look At These - Any Go

If a grab bar should fail there is the potential for a pretty bad injury. I wouldn't trust a bar 'glued' to the tiles.
My advice = use a drill and make sure you have spare tiles in the loft incase you later want to change anything.

Not all the links work, but the one I saw was for a grab rail, at the end it says something like 'based on techniques used in the auto industry', so I'm guessing it's based on the technique used for sticking rear view mirrors to windscreens. I've had 3 of those come off since I passed my driving test.

Re: "NO DRILLING REQUIRED" Bathroom Fixtures & Fittings - Have Look At These - Any Go

all very well glueing to the tile but how much pull will the tile adhesive hold ?

thats sticky pads aint it?

i deffo would not fit any especially for disabled, dont want my rse suing.

Nothing ever glued to anything, is permanent. Do the job properly and use proper fixings.....drilled and screwed.

Hi All,

Thanks kindly for the honest advice - you guys must deal with novices like me everyday & have to put up with it! I must admit, I really wanted this option to work (technology & all that!) & I was really quite convinced as the first products listed were German which usually means high quality but I will bow to experience & wisdom & not take the risk! My builder really got quite irate when I mentioned these so I had a feeling these things might not be too well thought of! Back to looking at tried & tested options!

Many Kind Thanks!

Bazzy!

Do you happen to work for a company that sells these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "NO DRILLING REQUIRED" Bathroom Fixtures & Fittings - Have Look At These - Any Good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Here they are! Totally refreshed for this year. We have given a makeover to all of the BOXSET range. All options are now presented in smart...
Replies
Views
365drills
Brand new for April 2016. Launch of boxsets for drilling holes into very hard porcelain tiles. Two sets have been revamped. The third is...
Replies
Views
365drills
L
Evening gents, I need some advice please! I'm half way through a detached house renovation, the customers initially required...
Replies
Views
Lincsplumber
L

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock