Search the forum,

Discuss Nightmare !!! Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all vaillant ecotec pro 28 combi

first job no hot water not firing = flow sensor changed hot water yay ! but looked like there was a leak that had caused that problem i investigated that and could find anything.

recalled next afternoon due to a leak , located leak on divertor valve spindle, went back to today to fit new valve customer informs me that when hot water is switched on the rads heat up sure enough they did, so i said thats a problem with the divertor valve, i have a new one that will fix the problem !

fitted the new valve and sure enough the problem was still there ??? WTF called tech guy and they said check volts DC between pink wire black wire brown wires on x2 block checked them not getting any volts at all, vaillant said it needs a new PCB but the actuator is moving in and out when you switch it on the status codes are all normal no faults but still when DHW is called CH heats

any help or advise would be great

was it just the actuator you changed or the complete divertor assembly?if just the actuator then the divertor would be at fault.

As per mike, it sounds like only other obvious explanation if divertor is all new.

as above 2 other possibilities most likely is a blocked plate heat exchanger causing the diverter to dump down the flow,secondly but quite rare a faulty mixer tap or shower causing the hot and cold to mix this will have the same effect

is there a way to check for blockages in the HE or would i have to remove it ? is it easy to remove a blockage in HE or is there a certain way to remove it ?
generally try removing it and cleaning,leave vinegar soak inside it for half hour and flush it through with plenty of water,like everything sometimes they are so blocked that you cant get them clean

Is the motor actually connected to the spindle as with a new diverter in I would expect it to shut off on over heat instead of going down heating.

ok just need to clarifie this DOES the actuator have to hold the spindle ? as i thought it just pushed up against the spindle ? i just got the old valve and actuator out of the van pull the actuator spindle thing out of the actuator out and hooked it on the spindle and connected it to the valve spindle, i know in the new valve this is not connected in this way ! that maybe the problem the actuator is not connected to the spindle i will upload some pics to show you guys.

Yeah got like a little hook on the motor small ball on the spindle. That will be your problem.

yes it was ive just gone back to site with the old actuator that i pulled out at home attached it and bobs your uncle, this should have been attached at the factory but i didnt check ahh well panic over learning curve :17:

Well done that man.
Tilers dont realise how uncomplicated that their work is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nightmare !!! Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock