Search the forum,

Discuss New system layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aberarthen

Hi, I'm brand new to this game, so pls bear with me. I plan to install a new oil fired CH system in an old stone farmhouse. The best place for the boiler appears to be in a ground floor utility room. I plan to locate the circulator pump next to the boiler, near to the feed and expansion pipes to the tank in the upper loft. The hot water tank is located in what I call the lower loft that runs along the back of the house above the kitchen bathroom and utility room. Would the best place to locate the 2-port valves be near to the hot water cylinder?
Also, if I include a air separator, where should this be located? And what type is best? Anyone see any problems with this, or want to give any advice re layout etc?

Would appreciate all helpful advice given, thanks.

are you serious mate? You need to do a lot more research and learn some b4 you go any further! IMO .....

You cant install an oil fired boiler unless you are either oftec registered or if not you have to apply for planning permission. If you apply for planning and it is signed off by the building control officer you then have to get it commissioned by an Oftec engineer, you may find it difficult to get one to do it.

Hi, I'm brand new to this game, so pls bear with me. I plan to install a new oil fired CH system in an old stone farmhouse. The best place for the boiler appears to be in a ground floor utility room. I plan to locate the circulator pump next to the boiler, near to the feed and expansion pipes to the tank in the upper loft. The hot water tank is located in what I call the lower loft that runs along the back of the house above the kitchen bathroom and utility room. Would the best place to locate the 2-port valves be near to the hot water cylinder?
Also, if I include a air separator, where should this be located? And what type is best? Anyone see any problems with this, or want to give any advice re layout etc? Would appreciate all helpful advice given, thanks.

Best advice: get a proffesional in.

If you dont know what your doing (as you may be able to tell, no one thinks you do) its best to stay away.

head case, get a professional. There going to charge you the same to fix up after you as they would have to do it in the first place. Change a tap washer or plunge a toilet but not a heating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New system layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock