Search the forum,

Discuss New gas pipe. Materials and fittings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be getting a mate who is a gas certified installer to run a new gas pipe for a range cooker from my garage (where the gas mains is) through a couple of internal walls and under the suspended timber floors to my new kitchen. He is doing it as a favour so I am trying to make the job as simple as possible for him to reduce his time on the job. I will be buying all the materials and removing floorboards and drilling through the walls. I have two questions. 1. What material and diameter of pipe should I be buying. 2. Should the pipe go through joists or can it be hung from them? I can see it being much easier for him to do the job if they are hung under the joists but I need them to comply to any regulations.

Am sure your friend will be able to advise you of all the above...unless he is in the form of a big white rabbit...called Harvey....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New gas pipe. Materials and fittings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock