Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Electric heated Forced Warm Air Central Heating.... Madness? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redbear

Hi All

I was wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree here?

I've got a new build project underway and need to consider how to heat the place. The house is in a rural location and town gas is not available and I'm not keen on bottled gas either. The main sources of fuel readily available are electric and timber from locally managed forests.

The house is made up of two areas, one single story open kitchen/diner/lounge with a two storey bedroom block adjacent at one end. The idea was to place a large 15kw wood buring stove in the lounge (oposite end to the bedrooms) and use this to heat air. In the bedroom block I would install a forced warm air system with a return vent in the high point of the lounge ceiling. The blower can then distribute warm air to the bedrooms using the central stairwell as a return plenum. I was thinking of using something like a Dimplex Electricaire R10 to have an electric heated option/top-up should I need it.

I just get the feeling that installing a forced warm air system is unlikely enough, but to heat it with electric even more unusal.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Electric heated Forced Warm Air Central Heating.... Madness? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock