Discuss New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I have not even been given that option.
I will do whatever it takes but nobody is telling me a guarteed fix.
What do you mean about flow and pressure is key.

Ok. I have not even been given that option.
I will do whatever it takes but nobody is telling me a guarteed fix.
What do you mean about flow and pressure is key.

For any system to work correctly over two outlets you need about 3 bar and 20lpm on your cold main

I feel like I'm going around in circles don't get me wrong I really appreciate all your help but I don't have 20lpm I have 14lpm mains in and I have 3 bar. What can i do to resolve my issue with lease hassle and expense. I cannot remove the combi as I'd prob have to take the engineer to court for that the happen. Cheers

I feel like I'm going around in circles don't get me wrong I really appreciate all your help but I don't have 20lpm I have 14lpm mains in and I have 3 bar. What can i do to resolve my issue with lease hassle and expense. I cannot remove the combi as I'd prob have to take the engineer to court for that the happen. Cheers

If you only have 14lpm that's no good for an unvented or a combi esp if you want two outlets

If you want to increase your flow, note not really worth doing that on a combi as your stuck with x amount as there limited

Stuart Turner

But that system will only last around 10 minutes at full flow eg 15lpm etc

One sure way to remedy this problem...Alter the Combi to act as a system boiler and install open vented S plan system using cylinder and CWST.
The head of water from your CWST and Hot Water Cylinder will be equal and if the flow rates still are'nt good enough you could even install a shower pump.
As someone stated earlier in this post, Combi's are ok for small one bathroom properties but that is basically it.
I wonder how many people throughout the years have ripped out open vented systems only to regret it once they realise how much more restrictive pressurised systems can be.

I wonder how many people throughout the years have ripped out open vented systems only to regret it once they realise how much more restrictive pressurised systems can be.

Pretty much everyone who's had it done I suspect...

So had another local plumber out and without turning on any taps he identified the issue straight away. There is a double check valve on the mains going into the boiler. He says that can restrict flow by a lot. Thoughts?

Yep there's a couple of lpm why was it installed, doesn't need to be

Also needs a shock arrestor fitting at the boiler on the cold mains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back