Discuss New builds zone valves on combi in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, if anybody is out there that can give a little help would be great. I’m going from domestic plumbing into house bashing end of the month now I’ve been told the heating on new builds is zoned off even on combi boilers. Could anybody just shine some light on how to pipe this system up. The zone valves would be in a cupboard upstairs. Thanks.

Do you have any qualifications as a heating engineer? The fact you don't seem to be familar with the current Building Regulations and are asking an internet forum such a general question means you are taking on a big risk by also trying to design the system yourself. Your contract from the developer should include a detailed specification of the work they want done, including a drawing of pipe sizes and runs, methods and materials statements, etc. You need to check this against current regs and query anything that doesn't seem right to you.

Do you have any qualifications as a heating engineer? The fact you don't seem to be familar with the current Building Regulations and are asking an internet forum such a general question means you are taking on a big risk by also trying to design the system yourself. Your contract from the developer should include a detailed specification of the work they want done, including a drawing of pipe sizes and runs, methods and materials statements, etc. You need to check this against current regs and query anything that doesn't seem right to you.
Hi thanks for the reply, I’ve been plumbing for 6 years with a company doing general plumbing underfloor heating and one off new builds just want to try out site work for something different. I haven’t had any drawings as yet as I haven’t started yet was just asking about to see what it’s like. Thanks

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../attachment_data/file/697525/DBSCG_secure.pdf
Rather than referring to manufacturers guides etc. We should be going to the Guide that is produced & kept up to date, to highlight what is required to be Part L compliant, cross different fuels & if it is new build or replacement.
Table 3, page 18 if Gas fired wet = >150M2, 2 zones required to have independent time & temperature control. The philosophy being the sleeping areas can be turned off or down during the day even if the living areas are occupied giving an saving.

Last edited:
My understanding of Part L, is as Craig said.
Below 150 (2 zones Htg & H.Wtr) above 150 (min. 3 zones 2 Htg 1 H.Wtr)
Boiler Plus is for Combi installs.
I note the FAQ from bogrodder is from Honeywell.

Reply to New builds zone valves on combi in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a 28mm zone valve for a C Plan I want to fit and would appreciate some advice please. I’m looking for the best way to adjust the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock