Search the forum,

Discuss New backnut design?..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Replaced some Douglas Delabie non concussive taps today they came with these new backnuts ....well new to me anyway found them good but they could have been thicker but they worked well ......regards Turnpin:yesnod: IMG_20160429_214322.jpg

threads in the brass for the tap

wind the nut close and do the screws up tight?????

Are those back nuts supposed to be tightened up and then the 3 bolts screwed up?
I have fitted mixer taps which I think were German made and they came with similar idea of 2 bolts through the nut. Excellent as easy to tighten up and locked up well

The thermostatic taps you get in the contour 21 doc m packs have these, great design

Are those back nuts supposed to be tightened up and then the 3 bolts screwed up?
I have fitted mixer taps which I think were German made and they came with similar idea of 2 bolts through the nut. Excellent as easy to tighten up and locked up well

yes best, you just do the backnut up finger tight and then do the screws up, the one I mentioned in my post before is a 2 piece design with a separate brass ring that the screws push onto to stop the basin cracking, I assume the one in the picture is the same

Strange when compared to what we are familiar with... worked well though regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Why not simply use an old fashioned reusable nut lock tag (Think that's right term)

Slide it over the thread, screw up the nut and bend the tag over the nut. Would that hold?

yes best, you just do the backnut up finger tight and then do the screws up, the one I mentioned in my post before is a 2 piece design with a separate brass ring that the screws push onto to stop the basin cracking, I assume the one in the picture is the same
These came with two rubber and one hard plastic washers.....regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Why not simply use an old fashioned reusable nut lock tag (Think that's right term)

Slide it over the thread, screw up the nut and bend the tag over the nut. Would that hold?

Probably the bolt design is better. It will tighten much easier, and will allow for base of a basin being not exactly parallel with top, - which is where it has a big advantage.
In thinking about it, the types I fitted did have some sort washer above the nut for the bolts to hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New backnut design?..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
Removing basin waste - no backnut present ? I want to replace both the tap and the waste in the cloakroom basin - the tap is showing corrosion though it still works fine. Waste is OK but needs to be changed to a click-clack type because new tap will not have the incorporated button/lever which...
Replies
Views
Hi - recognise this a bit of an odd one. We have an old failed mixer valve which we need to replace. This valve actually predates a temperature controlled boiler, so the mixing functionality is irrelevant, since the cold water pipe is isolated/off. I'd ideally like to replace the shower valve...
Replies
Views
J
I use flushable wipes and I know that there has been previous advice not to flush them but it says a new and improved design allows them to be flushed. This morning I woke up and the toilet water level had risen with some wipes there too. I have cleared the block and flushed several times and it...
Replies
Views
Just popped in to say "Hi". Found this forum when looking for a solution to our stiff shower bar tap. Have got some ideas which I'll try. Had a new cartridge a few months back but it's a stupid design of tap with very little to grip, and when wet it's almost impossible to move. Well done...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock