Search the forum,

Discuss Nest E Thermostat to replace ATAG One Controller in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I wondered if anyone could advise me which cables go where, on the Heat Link for the Nest E Thermostat I have purchased.

PXL_20220228_124936366.jpg

Nest-Thermostat-E-3-768x513.jpg

The two cables shown are from behind the ATAG One Controller.

Thanks in advance

What I'm confused about is that the ATAG is Opentherm compatible.

Does that mean I need to somehow connect some other wires to the Heat Link?
I think the “smart” part refers to it learns certain aspects of your heating. If it’s opentherm compatible then you can wire both wires to OT1 and OT2, but if existing isn’t the same then they’ll need to be swapped at boiler end, bearing in mind, removing certain boiler covers that form part of the combustion circuit needs a competent person who is able to check for safety afterwards.

I think the “smart” part refers to it learns certain aspects of your heating. If it’s opentherm compatible then you can wire both wires to OT1 and OT2, but if existing isn’t the same then they’ll need to be swapped at boiler end, bearing in mind, removing certain boiler covers that form part of the combustion circuit needs a competent person who is able to check for safety afterwards.
Thanks - that got it working perfectly!

That was much easier than I anticipated except for the massive hole behind the old Thermostat and no spare wire to pull - which meant I ended up using 3M Velcro to stick the Heat Link in place as any holes I tried to drill shattered the exisiting plaster.

Anyway it works perfectly and controls my ATAG ic27 well.

Saved me £80 from a Nest Pro as I was confused initally when nothing worked with the original connections going to C and No.

Cheers

Reply to Nest E Thermostat to replace ATAG One Controller in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a confirmation before I purchase Google Nest Learning Thermostat that it would compatible with Sime Brava One 25 BF over...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
We’re trying to connect a nest generation 3 to our ideal boiler. At the moment it’s wired to a honey well R6660D receiver the connections inside...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Hi All, I have the boiler above and the safety thermostat has snapped at the plastic cable right where it means the thermostat. This looks...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock