Search the forum,

Discuss National response magazine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Don't know if its been mentioned on here before but had a phone call of someone saying he was from the police and would I want to advertise in a police only national response magazine if anyone gets the call just hang up there's no such magazine it's a scam!

No pal claims to work for the police and they are doin a clamp down on rouge gas fitters got my name and number of gas safe website would I like to place a add in this magazine that I've looked into and doesn't exist !

A couple have described the same as I had today croppie! And it's made me realise how they have got me details I put a free listing on yell at the wk end a couple of lads posted they had done the same!

I had a guy ring me, similar story.
Was something about a police newsletter/booklet going to hotels about gas safety etc

Yeah I've had them... They called themeselves emergency services magazine or something... Total scam...

I had the same thing , said they were from the fire service, and I had been recommended as a gas engineer, funny that I wasnt even registered at the time lol

Had a different one try and do me today from the police again he said this time the campaign was child cruelty!!!! Would I like to advertise in a police magazine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to National response magazine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these ÂŁ300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock