Discuss Multifit toilet connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sgt3355

I have a query regarding a Multifit toilet waste connector. I have conflicting advice, one that it is a 360 deg use item and can be used to align any height difference no matter the angle between the back of the pan and the waste outlet. The other advice is that it can only be used 90 deg or so left or right of centre and must never be fitted “upside” down, ie below the waste pipe level as it will contain fluid all the time. Which answer is correct, cos I certainly don't know?:confused:

Waste will only flow downhill, if you fit it "upside down" then crud will get stuck in there. 90 degree left or right is okay as long as you have a slight fall. If theres a height difference between the pan and the waste outlet can you not lift the pan on a piece of marine ply or something similar?

Thanks Mikey; that makes sense. It never seemed right to have “fluid” in it all the time. Now for my woodwork skills! Cheers Rich

Thanks for this but the waste pipe (out through the wall) is some 12mm higher than the pan outlet, with the difference being made up by the Multifit. I understand how the P Trap works but surely “residue” will be sitting in the Multifit and that can’t be right, can it? Sorry if I seem thick Regards Rich

Think about it, waste products need to flow away from the pan. Anything not taken away will naturally flow back to the lowest level i.e back towards the pans syphon. You are moving the toilet anyway so whats the probelm with lifting the pan? Might save you some heartache in the future:)

You can buy a ready made plinth for some toilets. Can look neater than ply.

Standard practise for years to put pans on plinths.

Please note the wooden plinths often rot. The male of the species tends to not be very careful where their urine goes, especially when inebriated and off target aiming can result in it missing the pan and being absorbed by the plinth, so it rots quickly.

The "off set" Multi Kwik is designed to accommodate pan outlets higher than the soil pipe.

I forget which way around they are exactly, but in the old days the toilet pan outlets where not all the same and to a certain extent the same applies today.

Some of the modern pans have a very short spigot outlet that barely sockets into a Multi Kwik unless its near enough in line.

In other words there is not much deflection tolerance.

So Multi Kwik make a variety of off set Multi Kwiks to suite different situations.

I have not checked their recent catalogue but they also made a pan connector with a couple of different pan spigot outlet sizes as averse to soil pipe sizes.

So its a case of matching the connector to the situation you find. Unfortunately most merchants do not seem to stock the whole Multi Kwik range I don't think, so you generally have to compromise.

Basically as has been said, try to avoid soil getting trapped in the WC connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multifit toilet connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock