Search the forum,

Discuss MLCP Fittings dripping in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anybody had any experience of MLCP fittings leaking? I’ve used tweet top fittings on a few decent sized jobs and had zero issues, however I’ve just been to a job I’ve done and 3 fittings had a very small drip on them, crimp gun has been calibrated etc and pipework has been correctly deburred,

Has anybody else had any problems?

Cheers!

What pipe and fittings and size ?

Cheers for the reply.

25mm and 20mm, worrying because we’ve just done a big job that’s about to be boarded next week, pressure tested to 5 bar and all seems fine just worried a small leak will happen in the future!

Tweetop ?

Any pictures of the leaking ones ?

Never had an issue and installed miles of the stuff fully inserted ? All oring there you using u jaws ?
That’s what I wanted to hear, yeah using the u profile jaws, it’s in abit of a crawl space which was awkward to work it so I’m wondering if it’s maybe dislodged one of the o rings pushing the fittings on, I love using the stuff so was hoping no one else had issues with the fittings etc! I’ll get a pic next time I go, it’s a very small drip. Not a constant drip more just a small build up on the fitting if that makes sense! Was just abit paranoid about the big job we’ve just done in it but should all be fine. Thanks for replying mate

Just to put your mind at rest I did a test removed all the oring and pressure tested upto 10 bar not one drop held fine

So yes sounds like it’s dislodged one of them and it’s not in fully or something else

You sure it’s not condensation?

Just to put your mind at rest I did a test removed all the oring and pressure tested upto 10 bar not one drop held fine

So yes sounds like it’s dislodged one of them and it’s not in fully or something else

Definitely not condensation mate it’s clearly on the fitting, like I say I’ve used it loads and not had an issue but this has got me thinking that maybe the fittings weren’t the best quality even though they seem great, I think we’ve probably just struggled to get the pipe in square and dislodged the o ring, I’ll just have to move on from it I think!

Fittings are top notch mate would chop it out and refit

Shaun,

The job we’re doing at the moment in tweetop, I’ve pressure tested at 5 bar and not had a drop, would you expect a leak to show its self at that pressure straight away.

Paranoia setting in!

Shaun,

The job we’re doing at the moment in tweetop, I’ve pressure tested at 5 bar and not had a drop, would you expect a leak to show its self at that pressure straight away.

Paranoia setting in!

Oh yes you would see a drop I’m guessing you left it for an hour etc ?

Yeah will just do that and move on! Glad to hear you rate the fittings it’s horrible when you start doubting the quality of materials when you’ve installed so much of it!

With the amount they make your bound to have a bad fitting once a year etc as we’re only human at the end of it

Oh yes you would see a drop I’m guessing you left it for an hour etc ?
Yeah was at 5 bar for an hour and left at 2 bar after that and is still full at that, im just hoping they won’t drip later on but all you can do is test and move on isn’t it, just over thinking it after the ones dripping on the other job,

Thanks for putting my mind at ease mate it’s much appreciated, have a good weekend 👍

If there’s no leak now there won’t be unless a joiner or spark goes through a pipe

I’ve heard that but only when you crimp on 3/4 never heard it on 22mm etc

Reply to MLCP Fittings dripping in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock