Search the forum,

Discuss Min Van Stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
We had a a gas Inspection at the firm once and I was given a minimum van stock list which I've lost..

Had stuff like 2 port valves etc

Anyone heard of this and has a copy?

I have my 1st Inspection on Friday :/

they dont check your van stock mate (your on about gas safe 1st inspection arnt you)

i'm sure the list was a company stock list to keep you stocked for most eventualities really.

i'm sure the list was a company stock list to keep you stocked for most eventualities really.

Dunno.. boss only came out with it when he gave us a load of other gas stuff when he was being audited after a complaint. Maybe it is. Who knows. Cheers Steve

Make sure you have warning stickers/labels in van he wanted to see mine

Things like

Temp bonding clips
Smoke pellets/ matches
Bubble spray
Closure tape spray

All the stuff you need to carry out basic gas work.

I've got my Oftec coming soon so I'm thinking he's going to pull me up on something, I've just had to buy a fire valve tester as I used a heat gun because that's what my last inspector told me to use but now he has changed.

Things like

Temp bonding clips
Smoke pellets/ matches
Bubble spray
Closure tape spray

All the stuff you need to carry out basic gas work.

I've got my Oftec coming soon so I'm thinking he's going to pull me up on something, I've just had to buy a fire valve tester as I used a heat gun because that's what my last inspector told me to use but now he has changed.

Need to get some closure plate tape.. everything else you mentioned I have.

I have to say I'm not looking forward to the visit

I would not stress to much the inspection is not about what you have (labels, & tape aside) its about you (the individual) knowing how to be safe and having the correct knowledge and safe procedures carrying out gas work

I would not stress to much the inspection is not about what you have (labels, & tape aside) its about you (the individual) knowing how to be safe and having the correct knowledge and safe procedures carrying out gas work

That's the part that worries me lol I suffer really bad with anxiety and my brain goes blank and I end up with a mouth which refuses to engage with my brain and just talks a load of pooh!!

If you need correction in any area he will tell you its not **** or bust. if you know your stuff you will be ok

I've read others say don't be afraid to consult your books for an answer you don't know, he won't mark you down for doing it.

So had a telephone call from the inspector today.. asked what we were doing on Friday.. said I'll try take him to my last boiler install. He then asked me a load of gas questions over the phone - couldn't remember 2 questions so said to revise and answer them on Friday.

Is that normal for that part to be done over the phone??

Or you reckon he'll ask a load more on Friday?

So had a telephone call from the inspector today.. asked what we were doing on Friday.. said I'll try take him to my last boiler install. He then asked me a load of gas questions over the phone - couldn't remember 2 questions so said to revise and answer them on Friday.

Is that normal for that part to be done over the phone??

Or you reckon he'll ask a load more on Friday?

guess hes busy :D and just some feeler questions

I've had 2 over the years for different companies. Different guys both times. They were both really nice. Basically, if you're not a numpty (you passed ccn1 minimum so youre not) then you will be fine. Last guy advised best to flue gas any boiler even non condensing if you can bit thats was as .Uchida as he picked me up on. Just gave me his number at the end and said call if I ever needed anything. They're there to help protect us, not trip us up. You'll be grand!

I've had 2 over the years for different companies. Different guys both times. They were both really nice. Basically, if you're not a numpty (you passed ccn1 minimum so youre not) then you will be fine. Last guy advised best to flue gas any boiler even non condensing if you can bit thats was as .Uchida as he picked me up on. Just gave me his number at the end and said call if I ever needed anything. They're there to help protect us, not trip us up. You'll be grand!

Cheers Finchy.. at the moment I'm quietly confident. The install I'm taking him to is pretty much by the book and spot on (as I do with all my installs) so I'm not worried about that aspect. And if I don't know something I'll have my viper with me so will just look it up..

Couple of last minute questions:

So, checking gas valve inlet pressure I always just unscrew the screw with the boiler fired up - manual says shut off the gas cock before doing it. In front of the inspector do I follow the manual or how everyone does it?

Also, once I've finished and screw screw back in, do I test the inlet with LDF? As I would at the meter?

shut the gas off under boiler for inlet

and yes anything you open gas wise test with leaky

shut the gas off under boiler for inlet

and yes anything you open gas wise test with leaky

you will be fine i passed so you will

Fingers crossed!!

Example of my brain disengaging my mouth:

Inspector: If I didn't do the spillage test properly, what could happen?

Me: the people could get smoked out.

Inspector: smoked out?

[brain realises what a stupid answer that was and momentarily re-engages]

Me: POC could be entering the room and the occupants could get CO poisoning.
Inspector: That's what I was looking for

I still laugh at myself at the 'smoked out' answer - at the time I was thinking - I always do the spillage 1st as I'll know if the flue is blocked or not so when I do the flue flow at least I'll know it won't just pour straight back into the room which is why I answered that initial stupid answer

I`d call that a good recovery Jay.

Lol thank goodness!!

When doing spillage, worst possible conditions is windows and doors closed with any fans in room on full spin and appliance on.. isn't it?

Lol thank goodness!!

When doing spillage, worst possible conditions is windows and doors closed with any fans in room on full spin and appliance on.. isn't it?

yes everything closed fans on max

Lol thank goodness!!

yes everything closed fans on max

Lol thank goodness!!

In my field the worst spillage is Brown slurry on the floor and wet vac is in the carpark 200yds down the road mate!

Lol thank goodness!!

In my field the worst spillage is Brown slurry on the floor and wet vac is in the carpark 200yds down the road mate!

Or worse still, you've got your wet vac but don't realise it's nearly full and spraying out the fan outlet all over the beige carpet like diarrhoea lol

Or worse still, you've got your wet vac but don't realise it's nearly full and spraying out the fan outlet all over the beige carpet like diarrhoea lol

That has happened kind of, the first time I came across Bleach n water through a wet vac I learnt that if foams up like crazy, went right up the door n walls like you wouldn`t believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Min Van Stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
B
My toilet has been randomly doing a small flush. I've had a visit from a Saniflo engineer who has checked the unit. There is no blockage and it is flushing away correctly. He has replaced the non return valve and the solenoid valve but this has not solved the problem. There is a very slow...
Replies
Views
Barbara C
B
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock