Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo to replace boilermate 2000 with Micron 60ff Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnnypiano

Hello;

I have a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 and a Micron 60ff boiler. The Boilermate has 2 unrepairable leaks and i need to replace the system.

Is a Megaflo system a suitable alternative? a few plumbers have mentioned that system and just want to check it will do all that the boilermate does and is a reasonably simple replace/install. ( for a plumber! )

Will i still have instant hot water. The mains pressure is suitable, there is space for an overflow pipe!

I am a total novice! , the Boilermate is on the top floor, the boiler is in the garage.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Based on cost I'd probably go for a santon premier plus.

But yes it is suitable. Done many, the tricky bit is getting the discharge to outside and getting a decent fixing to plasterboard walls for the expansion vessel

depending on your incoming mains pressure you may loose some presure as unvented is restricted to 3 bar which is more than enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo to replace boilermate 2000 with Micron 60ff Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a flat with a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 and a Glowworm Micron boiler. I have no idea how to use this properly/efficiently and I don't want to end up paying through the roof on gas! The manual is quite confusing but states that the boiler should be kept on max temp at all...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm renovating my house which has a standard Vaillant boiler and tank in the cellar, and a tank in the loft. The house will have 2 bathrooms, and is a largish Victorian house (3 floor, but bathrooms are on half landings, at 1.5 and 2.5). Will have UFH on ground floor I've had the lead main...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock