Discuss Maximum deviation from horizontal before air lock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the experiment, I should add that as the circuit is at 1m head pressure, then the supply tank (simulating a circulator of 5m head) would have to be at 3-3.5m and the end of the pipe would have to go up from the ground to a 1m high outflow.

You've misunderstood the concept entirely !

Not a full deck. Must be some sort of engineer.

Sometimes things don't need over thinking.

A waste of time. The system will work anyhow, unless you create serious high spots, although even then it probably will work.
As I said earlier, have a sealed heating system installed if possible, so that air will generally not be a problem once it is removed on any fill up.
Then install all pipework to give consideration for where the air can escape to, so as to do a reasonable job. If hard copper pipework can be installed, then have it done. But plastic plumbing or soft microbore copper have worked for years and still will do the job.
By the time you waste thinking about it, asking questions and experimenting, - you could have the job done properly and with best materials and methods

Knock yourself out fella
Just make sure you post your video on youtube and supply a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Maximum deviation from horizontal before air lock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have had this problem for a week now. The oil boiler will run for a short while and then stop. If I check the pipes around the 3 way valve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some help please I have an open vented central heating system with a Potterton Profile Boiler. Probably 25 years old I was having...
Replies
Views
I have what I believe is a fairly standard open vented Y-plan heating system with a header tank and cold water tank in the loft (I have attached a...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I'm after some advice on some work that we have had done today in the house to replace a single panel radiator with a larger double...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock