Search the forum,

Discuss Manual Radiator Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Good Evening

Can anyone help me with a place where i might be able to buy a manual radiator valve similar to the one in the picture. It is connected to a chrome finish towl rail. The tail coming up is 15mm going into a brass bush which connects to what i believe is a 1 inch valve. The pipe just coming off the T into the valve on the horizontal is 1 inch diameter, the union nut is about 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 not exactly sure. I have had to pack the gland nut but i think this is only going to be a temporary fix it may start to weep again and therefore need replacing.

Thankyou in anticipation of anyone who might be able to assist.

26102011031.jpg

An old Ideal Standard valve from the 60s. I doubt you can - it looks like 3/4" valve tails.

If it is juse weeping from the gland, use some proper gland packing and redo it.

Your best bet is to advise the customer to get a new towel rail as the old one looks a bit scruffy anyway, and fit modern valves. You will need to cut back the copper pipe and use a solder fitting to extend the 15mm copper.

Last edited:
winchester valve,
toolstation do some, not sure if exactly the same without looking though.

The only Winchsters I have seen have 1/2" tails and take 15mm compression to copper as opposed to 1/2" female. Best go and have a look at the merchants.

Looks like a Hattersley valve to me maybe check out their website maybe BSS or similar supplier can help.As said already proper packing material but clear out old packing first good luck regards turnpin
icon7.png

Thanks guys, all very helpful. When you guys speak about proper packing material do you have any best recommendations. I have packed using a good quality PTFE tape but i suspect this will only last a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Manual Radiator Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock