Discuss Makita 8406 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345064374.473840.jpg
Any of you guys have this? Need a good, fast, strong core drill

Also i need a good set of the usual cores 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 4", 5".
Anyone advice a set? Been keeping a eye on the makita core set. Will put a photo when i find a pic

I have the Makita core drill, top piece of kit. I buy my bits from Brandon Tool Hire as and when needed. I only use the 5" and 2" cores though.

brilliant bit of kit wouldnt use anything else. had a mate do an install with me and borrowed his, went out that day and got myself one never regretted it. dont get the 8406c the clutch kicks in alot earlier and slips alot. (bloke in the shop who sold me mine advised this)

as for core kits i have this. PDP DC12864 Dry Diamond Core Drill Kit | eBay

got it on offer in hire station for £70 so was well worth it

i have one its been great,the gearbox oil seal failed after 4 years and was £120 to fix

brilliant bit of kit wouldnt use anything else. had a mate do an install with me and borrowed his, went out that day and got myself one never regretted it. dont get the 8406c the clutch kicks in alot earlier and slips alot. (bloke in the shop who sold me mine advised this)

as for core kits i have this. PDP DC12864 Dry Diamond Core Drill Kit | eBay

got it on offer in hire station for £70 so was well worth it

Just watched the video, they look impressive. Thing is, would they be worth it and teeth wont die out too fast

Glad you mentioned about the 'c version' its well spoke of and says its more 'superior' than its other version.

I like makitas and have a range of their lxt range. All i need now is a core drill and good set of cores! So you guys recommend these

Just watched the video, they look impressive. Thing is, would they be worth it and teeth wont die out too fast

all depends how often you use them and what your drilling through but same goes for any core set tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita 8406 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back