Discuss Mains water pressure test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
might sound like i am trying to bail myself out but 9 times out of 10 i do fit a double check onto the pipework but on the ones that are fitted then taken off after use because there is no place permanant to fit it i use the push fit single check. but i will fit a double check as standard to future ones fitted and serviced.

in all fairness and all diagrams ive seen there has never been a check valve but hey what do the manufactures care.

also you say a test point how would you fit a test point ? just a tee in between the two single check valves ?? couldnt u just miss out the test point as its pushfit ?

Wow, thanks for all the info and the warnings guys. (Been away and couldn't post). So, looks like a phone call to the local water supplier then? Seems a bit crazy about the contamination risk though as surely we are making 'purer' water?? Would always expect to put some kind of check valve on anything coming off mains anyway but been very interesting seeing all your posts. Sometimes can learn more on here than in the textbooks and in the classroom.

Thanks for everything!

Hi pete if you think about what these filters do it may not be such a surprise, to get the pure water out of the filtered side all the stuff that they take out is kept back on the mains supply side of the membrane & you may be surprised at just how much say organic matter can be in the mains water supply but all the time it is passing through with the right amount of chlorine there is no danger but allow it to build up & it could pose a risk.
As far as just installing check valves to protect system from any kind of risk can I humbly suggest that you get on a Water Regulations Course or carry on training through to level 3.
PS Most water undertakers require a written notices which is simple to do may be check out the WRAS web site for more info on this & the Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains water pressure test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock