Discuss Main Multi Point FF playing up. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

been sent to this property a few times

Their water heater keeps playing up, until today when ever i have been there it has been working fine. Today I got sent there and it would light for a few seconds then go off, relight then go off and so on. About 2 months ago we upgraded the gas pipe to 22mm and it had been fine.

Any experts here know what the problem could be? I'm thinking either a temp sensor is faulty or the gas valve needs adjusting

It was fine for 18 months then the problems started.

Thanks

Any change in incoming water pressure...any works in the street carried out seen this on a couple of jobs where grit got into system supply pipes....regards Turnpin:vanish:

Is the pilot light going out Ash? If it is, it's the pilot injector. Undo the brass but in the centre, just inside the case. There's a brass injector in there, note which way up it is before you remove. Clean teeny weeny hole out with a strand of cable flex. Re assemble and gloat at your brilliance.

Last edited:
:)

Reckon that could be it. Should be sent back tomorrow as can't leave them with HW probs over the weekend. Will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Multi Point FF playing up. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock