Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Loosing Pressure in Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hagan10

Evening all,

hope me you can shed some light

I have recently had a baxi combi installed in replacement of a gravity fed system.

The he problem I have is that the boiler is loosing pressure to the error code around every 2-3 weeks. And always have to bleed one radiator.

Could there be be a leak in the system? I can't see anything anywhere. Could it be corrosion in the system?

Would you recommend using fernox leak sealer?

Thanks

lee

If I paid for something and it wasn`t right I would call the person I paid back to put it right.

Hi

May have nothing to do with the boiler installer if you have a slight weep in your rad pipework.
With the old system it may have not been apparent, look for staining on ceilings, but if on ground floor under floorboards can be a real pain to find.

Run your fingers around each rad valve in turn and boiler connections as slight weep can be hard to see.

Gary

And the connection between the boiler losing pressure and having to bleed one radiator is?

May be no connection at all, having to bleed a rad could be that its at the highest point in the system and collects any air, sludge in a rad can produce gas.

New boiler would suggest it is not (likely) at fault so very small leak most likely.

It's one of the problems that can occur when pressurising an old heating system. Ask the installer to come back and take a look, you will probably have to pay if it's a fault with your existing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loosing Pressure in Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock