Discuss Looking for someone to install a wood burning stove plumbing to a pressurised centra in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spoiltbrat

hi can nyone on here recommend a plumber to install a wood burning stove into a pressurised sytem in scotland ? all help appreciated

Re: Looking for someone to install a wood burning stove plumbing to a pressurised ce

Can't be done. Solid fuel must be vented.

Re: Looking for someone to install a wood burning stove plumbing to a pressurised ce

You could separate the 2 systems but it would be mega £££££. Not worth it really.

can be done but as you say it (could) be expensive

ways and means around it, a survey off the house would need to be done to give the best and cheapest solution

shame I'm from northern ireland

Anything can be done if you are prepared to chuck enough money at it but 'can' would probably work out more expensive to run.

H2 panels do a variant, but it involves another cylinder.

Its like a lot of bright ideas people have. Ill save a load of money combining a stove with my central heating. I dont even estimate for these jobs anymore until the customer is aware of the fact its going to be expensive and not just a case of a bit of pipe and two tees.

Stick with a room heater stove.

You can do it using a thermal store with an extra coil for the pressurised heating side and the stove on the open vent side but will cost you thousands and there are practical issues to look at which may make is not possible. You are likely to end up having a dry stove and leave the heating as it is.

Don't have enough information really. Like it has been said, your most sensible way would be to change your unvented cylinder for a thermal store with open vented header tank with associated controls, but by the time it has been done it could end up at £5,000 or more. We just did one of these (complete re-vamp of a heating system) for about £6,000 not including the stove or redecoration/joinery. It's fair enough doing this if you're starting from scratch, but with an existing functioning system you've got to ask yourself if it is viable. You may be better off investing in another alternative energy source instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for someone to install a wood burning stove plumbing to a pressurised centra in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible...
Replies
Views
D
I'm looking for a heating engineers/old school plumber to put in a Combi boiler (possibly Intergas) replacing very old open vent system in...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3 storeys. Have a single floor side extension. The ground floor single storey extension houses Worcester...
Replies
Views
Back