Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Looking for an apprenticeship in Surrey / South London areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

headcase33

Firstly, Hi to everyone :p I hope your all having a great Monday!

As this is my first post on the forum bear with me - hopefully I can explain myself correctly.

I'm a kiwi guy who has recently immigrated from New Zealand and has been granted permanent residency. When I was living in New Zealand I undertook an apprenticeship for approximately one year, but unfortunately due to family circumstances I could not finish it and have had to move to the UK. So i'm looking to complete one here now.

I have commercial and residential experience. Some of the things I have done:

Installing taps, wastes and basins.
Responding to and resolving pipe leaks and blockages (often on my own).
Experience working with vented hot water cylinders and mains supplied cylinder systems.
Experience installing bathrooms and kitchens, renovations and new builds.
Some pre-slab experience.
Experience installing copper pipe.
Experience installing polybutene tube with crimped fittings.
Experience installing aquatherm (poly-propylene) pipe with fusion welded fittings.

Obviously things are a little different here.

In NZ we braze rather than solder (or use plastic tube).
We use electric cylinders rather than gas boilers.
We don't use central heating or indirect systems very much.
Most of the houses are single story or two story and have isolated plumbing systems, not too many apartments with massive stacks.

So I know I have alot to learn.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to take me on? I know it is difficult to get an apprenticeship in the UK these days. I am well motivated, hard working and always strive to complete my work to the highest possible standard.

I don't mind starting at the beginning again (level 2) and working my way up.

Thank you in advance for your time and responses.

Kind regards,
Jono

Good luck pal looking for a job as an apprentice or plumbers mate myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for an apprenticeship in Surrey / South London areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas safe engineer I am keen to work with someone who is more experienced for the first year or so to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in London/Essex area, full driving licence. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock