Discuss Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spill & fill system ???? more info please :confused5:

Chris,

I think he means the use of a spill back tank, now not used, I have only seen a few in my 55 years in the trade, usually a large tank on the plant room floor 1/2 full of water, plastic balls floating on the water, and a spill back PRV when the water in the system expand it spills back into the tank, when the system cools down the pressure set puts the water back into the system.

Normally on a big job with a high head that won't support a membrane in an expansion vessel, the last one I worked on was about 10 floors offices, about 4.5 Bar system pressure with steel tube boiler rated at 6.5 bar.

PS Usually large volume of expansion required

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

I think he means the use of a spill back tank, now not used, I have only seen a few in my 55 years in the trade, usually a large tank on the plant room floor 1/2 full of water, plastic balls floating on the water, and a spill back PRV when the water in the system expand it spills back into the tank, when the system cools down the pressure set puts the water back into the system.

Normally on a big job with a high head that won't support a membrane in an expansion vessel, the last one I worked on was about 10 floors offices, about 4.5 Bar system pressure with steel tube boiler rated at 6.5 bar.

PS Usually large volume of expansion required
Well you learn something new every day !! Thanks for that happyflyer.

I think that is what I will miss most, as of next week I will no longer work in the plumbing industry. (some say I never did)

Still there will be plenty of new learning to be done!

If you lot will allow it, an ageing ex-plumber may still stick his head in the arms every now & then for a swiffty & chew the fat.

Where u off Chris anywhere exciting?
Apprentice manager for that service laying company, they will be learning gas/water then power/fibre over six years to become multi-skilled team leaders. Thats the plan any road.
Wish me luck, looks like I will be travelling the country.

aah man. youve got to stay in the arms..whats a dispute without a sprinkle of watkins spice..;)

Apprentice manager for that service laying company, they will be learning gas/water then power/fibre over six years to become multi-skilled team leaders. Thats the plan any road.
Wish me luck, looks like I will be travelling the country.

You can go and visit croppie in your travels then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock