Discuss Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is an old dirty O/V system might be an idea to leave it that way but I understand some are using large plate heat exchanges instead of LLH that way new boilers with small water ways can be on sealed system while old system remains open.
Although risk of plate blocking they are a dam-site cheaper than a boiler or two (spare could be left on site ready).

Not done personally just heard about, would be interested to here from anyone that has.

Last edited:
Just fit a 45kw vaillant with a circuit splitting plate hex. worked a treat..boiler seems good but only been in a month..we usually fit ATAG's but controls aren't as user friendly personally speaking..

We all know you take a chance putting and new boiler on an old system, the plate is a good idea but it means two pump if you have two boiler that's three pumps,the nice thing about a plate is you can strip it down, never ever fit a solid one, a plate will bump he cost up a bit. A tube one as Ermi says will do also but not many around make them any more, made to order perhaps, you could suck it and see mag-filters and mesh filter.

Quinta for me. Simple little boiler. Well built never had issues with the well maintained ones. Well apart from a h/e that corroded. But that's one. Never got along with Atag myself. Had too many bad experiences with non user friendly controls. But they obviously may have changed now.

Also, go with a plate, as said one that splits down into sections. Strainer and dirt separator is a must

i would go with the plate exchangers aswell. we fit them on all our systems where we connect to existing systems. If you did want to seal the existing side and are worried about pressurising the steel pipework, you could look at a spill and fill system.

i would go with the plate exchangers aswell. we fit them on all our systems where we connect to existing systems. If you did want to seal the existing side and are worried about pressurising the steel pipework, you could look at a spill and fill system.
Spill & fill system ???? more info please :confused5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock