Search the forum,

Discuss Length of exit flue from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inthe very early stages of deciding the layout of my new kitchen.
Cansomeone please tell me if (in principle) it is possible to install a combiboiler on a wall where the “chimney” flue needs to exit the top of the boilerand turn at right angles, then travel almost 1.5 metres to the outside of theexterior wall.
Is thisdistance of travel excessive ?
I willemploy a professional to do the installation work when ready but would like toknow (in principal if the above is possible
Manythanks in advance for any advice offered

Most boiler can flue this distance. It can't be boxed in without access to joints. Any local gas safe registered installer would be happy to advise you. But would need to see the job.

I am inthe very early stages of deciding the layout of my new kitchen.
Cansomeone please tell me if (in principle) it is possible to install a combiboiler on a wall where the “chimney” flue needs to exit the top of the boilerand turn at right angles, then travel almost 1.5 metres to the outside of theexterior wall.
Is thisdistance of travel excessive ?
I willemploy a professional to do the installation work when ready but would like toknow (in principal if the above is possible
Manythanks in advance for any advice offered

It won’t be right angle but it’s possible. Get a Gas Safe engineer in to tell you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Length of exit flue from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting high up in the gable end. The boiler was installed about 6 years ago. My attached garage joins the gable wall directly below the flue. I had the...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber but it's by the by. I'll put a disclaimer in here so as to not confuse some. I am not attempting a repair of my own, I am not a DiY enthusiast where...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
D
I have an old Potterton 10-16 netaheat boiler and the flue exits as it should do, just outside of the back door. I plan to build a conservatory shortly, which will mean that the flue will exit inside the new conservatory. My question is this: Am I simply able to extend the existing flue and...
Replies
Views
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock