Discuss Re-routing the flue from my Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Devs

I have an old Potterton 10-16 netaheat boiler and the flue exits as it should do, just outside of the back door.

I plan to build a conservatory shortly, which will mean that the flue will exit inside the new conservatory.

My question is this: Am I simply able to extend the existing flue and install a 90 degree bend (or similar) and re-route the flue up the outside wall and out of the conservatory roof? I wont be carrying out the work myself, I'll leave that to a professional, however need to answer the question as it makes a difference on the size of conservatory I purchase.

Basically, am I able to extend the flue & re-route it, or are their strict guidelines on the length of a flue outlet & the degree in which the pipe can bend. I've looked at the OFTEC easy guide to flues, chimneys and ventilation and still can't work out the answer!

Many thanks

Devs

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Devs... Manufacturers Instructions... In theory the answer is yes... However... it's specific to the boiler... each bend adds restrictions to the flow of gases etc... so there will be details in the MIs of exactly what is allowed... If you don't have the original instructions... google for them online... usually downloadable...

no you cant and even if you could,you wont get a flue bend for a neta heat

no you cant and even if you could,you wont get a flue bend for a neta heat
Agree with Dan, also on a side note the neat a heat is on my list of boilers that I wont service due to them being full of asbestos (I stand to be corrected on that point) and also them being a pressurised case boiler and the likely hood that if i remove said case the seal will disintergrate and new case seals are now obsolete.

Time for a nice new boiler im afraid ,lets be fair its paid for its self ten times over dont expect the next one to last as long or be so reliable

Agree with Dan, also on a side note the neat a heat is on my list of boilers that I wont service due to them being full of asbestos (I stand to be corrected on that point) and also them being a pressurised case boiler and the likely hood that if i remove said case the seal will disintergrate and new case seals are now obsolete.

They do contain asbestos. Got and asbestos rope seal I think. Either way they definately have it in them, got a list of all boilers with asbestos in them in the van. If we came across one of these where I used to work we would inform the council and system would be upgraded.

And in any case, regardless of the type of boiler, unless you are Gas Safe Registered you shouldn't be touching the flue yourself.

Unless you're just generally asking a question in which case bite the bullet and new boiler time!

<<Ooops! Sorry! just reread the original post and saw the bit about about getting a pro in! :eek::eek:>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-routing the flue from my Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am the miserable owner of a Keston C36 boiler. It has had EVERYTHING on it replaced. My questions is, what do I replace it with and...
Replies
Views
I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock