Search the forum,

Discuss Legalities regarding thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amz

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and am seeking advice.
I am a landlord and have recently had a new vaillant ecotec fitted for my tenants. I really do not know much about plumbing at all but following the fitting I insured that I received a gas safe certificate.
One of my tenants has mentioned that it is now compulsory to fit a digital thermostat that is not attached to the boiler for it to be 'gas safe'. There is already a thermostat in the kitchen but it is not digital.
Can anybody shed some light on this situation and please advise me as to whether I must change the thermostat to a digital one as its not something I want to bother with if it's not necessary.
Much appreciated

It's mandatory to fit a room thermostat. Doesn't have to be digital.

Fitting a boiler interlock device such as room thermostat is a condition of part L of the building regulations as I understand it, not a condition of the safety requirements of the boiler - hence not under duristiction of Gas Safe.

In addition - some Vaillant boilers fitted with weather compensation devices do not need a room thermostat according to the manufacturers - so there is some over-lap between what is required by the manufacturer and what the regulations state.

Roomstat must be fitted and doesn 't have to be digital. Best practice is a programmable roomstat but lots of people have trouble understanding how to program them. Keep it simple in a rental property ( timeclock on boiler with basic roomstat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Legalities regarding thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock