Search the forum,
  • Thread starter kay-jay
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 322

Discuss leatherman in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

who owns one?
which model?
any good?

i keep looking at these but cant decide which model to buy, any advice greatfully received.

Was given a Gerber as a pressie, keep it in a drawer at home for the odd time I can`t be bothered to go to the van. Nice bit of kit and worth looking at imho. Might even sell it to you as used so little.

My bro bought me a wave couple of years back. Still as good as new, brilliant little tool to carry in with you when quoting jobs.

My bro bought me a wave couple of years back. Still as good as new, brilliant little tool to carry in with you when quoting jobs.

Is that not classed as armed robbery? Or at least going equipped!

Only when they start saying I'm expensive. Or I find a biasi on the wall and have to fight my way out :wink:

Last edited:
Was given a Gerber as a pressie, keep it in a drawer at home for the odd time I can`t be bothered to go to the van. Nice bit of kit and worth looking at imho. Might even sell it to you as used so little.
Gerbers are also good kit. Have one in my heavy duty tool bag. It has taken some punishment though

I think I would use a good quality tool quite a bit.
Just not sure which to go with.
Looking at the leatherman mainly because of the changeable screwdriver bits.

Very sharp :)

Just warming through, been out in the cold tidying the van and picking up the gear for tomorrow. Feeling hungry as all I can smell is the roast dinner cooking.

I think I would use a good quality tool quite a bit.
Just not sure which to go with.
Looking at the leatherman mainly because of the changeable screwdriver bits.

Same as the Gerber 600 with the bits?

Had mine a few years have it on one of those quick draw keyrings use it daily , brilliant when you get all way into Atic for something and re ber you need a screwdriver etc love it

Had mine a few years have it on one of those quick draw keyrings use it daily , brilliant when you get all way into Atic for something and re ber you need a screwdriver etc love it
Exactly the reason I want one. [emoji41]

Just found the box coz theres no markings on the thing it`s self.
It is the 600 but without the extra toolbits.
Has as read from the box, needle nose pliars, fiskars, scissors, awl, wire cutter, 80mm / 3" rule, lanyard ring, crosshead screwdriver, large & medium flathead screwdriver, bottle opener, crimper, carbide coated file, sharpener, serrated drop point blade, adapts to gerber tool kit, ballistic sheath. As for the ÂŁ I don`t know till I see how much new and reduce as not new and forum member.

The gerber extra toolkit is a 5mm square to 1/4" adapter which drives of the crosshead screwdriver so any standard 1/4" bit can be used.

image.jpg

if you go on to the go outdoors website they do price matching , I know this because this one is a exact replacement for the one the mrs bought me that I lost lol

I'm on my 2nd leatherman charge tti (first one is on seabed somewhere near Portland) and find it invaluable, I thoroughly recommend one
I paid less than ÂŁ100 incl shipping(I think) from an American site, though I can't remember which, this came with 2 magazines of assorted bits
Get one and you'll wonder how ever you managed without one

I've got a wave, I bounce into every job only armed with it. If it's something simple I can sort it with that saves me dragging the tool box in

I've got a Leatherman Wave too, keep it in my pocket and comes in very handy!

The more I look at the leathermans the more I want one. Just cant decide which model is best for me.

Wave or Tti both will serve you well

I see my leatherman charge xti is now a "retired product"... Getting old then (sigh)...

Ive decided on the new 'wave' from leatherman.
It looks to be ideal for me and the reviews it gets are brilliant. And from the posts on here it seems that many own a leatherman and also seem to be impressed with them.

It should arrive soon unless chops has landed a part time job in the dispatch section of alloutdoor.com ..........[emoji1]

My leatherman wave arrived friday and I took it to work Saturday and to my surprise I used it a few times.
Im very impressed with the quality

4fa5c336b0ce6208460a3fb5fd71dbd4.jpg

I've got the wave, never use it at work though. But always take it on holiday, always comes in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leatherman in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock