Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking valve - what to do? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Initially this valve was leaking, so it was tightened up, but there was some micro weeping? Left tissue paper around the bottom overnight but then in the morning wiped tissue around it and there were signs of water.

Now it was the cold pipe and could it be condensation as the last couple of days have been hot. There has been no leak - no dripping down the pipe.

Currently its dry but I am not sure whether I should take it apart and redo it all. It's the first valve in the image. When it was leaking it seemed it was from between the connection of the flexi tail to the iso valve.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55 (1).jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 24
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 26
The piece of copper between the tap connector and iso valve looks too short to me. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the compression joints was leaking because it was not fully inserted into the fitting at one end.

I'd shorten the riser below the isovalve by a couple of inches and increase the length of the short piece above by the same amount. Also, make sure the screwdriver slot on the valve is pointing outwards so it can be seen and operated easily.

The one at the back is a bit out of focus but looks okay.

Last edited:

Reply to Leaking valve - what to do? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system. Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak? Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water? Pic 2 a...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock