Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking valve - what to do? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Initially this valve was leaking, so it was tightened up, but there was some micro weeping? Left tissue paper around the bottom overnight but then in the morning wiped tissue around it and there were signs of water.

Now it was the cold pipe and could it be condensation as the last couple of days have been hot. There has been no leak - no dripping down the pipe.

Currently its dry but I am not sure whether I should take it apart and redo it all. It's the first valve in the image. When it was leaking it seemed it was from between the connection of the flexi tail to the iso valve.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55 (1).jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 23
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 20.19.55.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 23
Are you in a position to leave it longer? If so, that’s what I’d do, unless of course it’s been dry all day, then it should be fine.

The piece of copper between the tap connector and iso valve looks too short to me. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the compression joints was leaking because it was not fully inserted into the fitting at one end.

I'd shorten the riser below the isovalve by a couple of inches and increase the length of the short piece above by the same amount. Also, make sure the screwdriver slot on the valve is pointing outwards so it can be seen and operated easily.

The one at the back is a bit out of focus but looks okay.

Last edited:

Reply to Leaking valve - what to do? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock