Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking cyclinder connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

Yes, another 'leaking cyclinder' question...I'd be grateful for your advice.

Vented 90x45 cyclinder in loft. Connection in question is not flow or return but an additional 5th connection that seems part of a separate system with dedicated hot water tank and shower pump. Can't get plumber to fix for a couple of weeks and have been quoted £950 plus VAT for fitting a new 'un by an emergency plumbing firm. Leak is manageable at the moment but I thought I would, in the meantime, see if it's definitely the connector flange and maybe seal it by partly draining down (to below connector). Worst case scenario - - cylinder wall falls apart in my hands and can't bodge it with fibreglass/epoxy then live without hot water for a few days until replacement! I've identified the cold feed gate valve, drain cock and gate valve on pipe leading from connector. Does this sound a reasonable plan? Does the power shower system complicate matters? And what should I pay if I have to get the plumber in to replace? Have seen that replacement cylinder around £230. Many thanks for reading.

Any pictures?

Attachments

• 20210729_150208.jpg
    20210729_150208.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210729_150201.jpg
    20210729_150201.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 18
Wouldn’t mess around with that looks like an old Essex flange would change the cylinder for a gledhill stainless steel

Reply to Leaking cyclinder connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock