Search the forum,

Discuss leak on a pushfit Tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have used pushfit where before there was compression and the pushfit leaks. I intend extending the pipe using a connector (copper) and then use the push fit on the new copper.

Have you seen this happen before. I only have a little copper left to play with and dont want to cut it down even more.

Usually a leak from pushfit is caused by not having full slip into the fitting or a minute dent or scratch/score on the pipework can cause the seal on the O ring to fail. I prefer compression and soldered fittings than pushfit or Cuprofit which is a copper pushfit fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leak on a pushfit Tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace two of the flexible hoses that feed the shower mixer valve. I don't like how they have been bent at a right angle. All the fitting in our bathroom are these pushfit fittings. I don't know the brand. Fortunately, I have removed some sections of pipework in the bathroom and kept...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, first post here. While I prefer copper-and-solder, I've used compression fittings successfully in the past, and I opted for compression throughout the present job because I'm tight for space. I got most of the fittings from the local Toolstation. They're standard 15mm equal tees...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock