Discuss lead waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

can you get a coupler for lead to 32mm plastic waste . been to a house today and someone has fitted a compression coupler full of mastic to the lead which is leaking - cant rip the old out and replace got to connect to whats there as the floor is tiled .

can you get a coupler for lead to 32mm plastic waste . been to a house today and someone has fitted a compression coupler full of mastic to the lead which is leaking - cant rip the old out and replace got to connect to whats there as the floor is tiled .

uni compression coupler not work?

Have a look at this

Flexi Waste Straight Coupling 30-38mm | NoLinkingToThis

used the mcalpine normal 32mm connector on lead as tam said it has a sleeve that strengthens the lead had no issues yet

Yeah, I agree. I also sometimes run a bead on silicon around the bevel of where the rubber olive will compress into. (I hope that makes sense).

I do this as a belt and braces approach, you can use LSX or 'Plumbers Gold' instead.

Make the joint, and let it dry. I'm sure others my not like this approach, but if a floor is going over it and I have no choice, then I will often do this to prevent further issues.

Yeah, I agree. I also sometimes run a bead on silicon around the bevel of where the rubber olive will compress into. (I hope that makes sense).

I do this as a belt and braces approach, you can use LSX or 'Plumbers Gold' instead.

Make the joint, and let it dry. I'm sure others my not like this approach, but if a floor is going over it and I have no choice, then I will often do this to prevent further issues.

go for plumbers gold over any other sealant, i swear by the stuff.

Yeah, it's great stuff. I always have a tube of clear & white on board for jobs like above.

i use a fenco like the one linked at screwfix, never had one leak or cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lead waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter -...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock