Currently reading:
lead waste pipe

Discuss lead waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

can you get a coupler for lead to 32mm plastic waste . been to a house today and someone has fitted a compression coupler full of mastic to the lead which is leaking - cant rip the old out and replace got to connect to whats there as the floor is tiled .

can you get a coupler for lead to 32mm plastic waste . been to a house today and someone has fitted a compression coupler full of mastic to the lead which is leaking - cant rip the old out and replace got to connect to whats there as the floor is tiled .

uni compression coupler not work?

Have a look at this

Flexi Waste Straight Coupling 30-38mm | NoLinkingToThis

used the mcalpine normal 32mm connector on lead as tam said it has a sleeve that strengthens the lead had no issues yet

Yeah, I agree. I also sometimes run a bead on silicon around the bevel of where the rubber olive will compress into. (I hope that makes sense).

I do this as a belt and braces approach, you can use LSX or 'Plumbers Gold' instead.

Make the joint, and let it dry. I'm sure others my not like this approach, but if a floor is going over it and I have no choice, then I will often do this to prevent further issues.

Yeah, I agree. I also sometimes run a bead on silicon around the bevel of where the rubber olive will compress into. (I hope that makes sense).

I do this as a belt and braces approach, you can use LSX or 'Plumbers Gold' instead.

Make the joint, and let it dry. I'm sure others my not like this approach, but if a floor is going over it and I have no choice, then I will often do this to prevent further issues.

go for plumbers gold over any other sealant, i swear by the stuff.

Yeah, it's great stuff. I always have a tube of clear & white on board for jobs like above.

i use a fenco like the one linked at screwfix, never had one leak or cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lead waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock