Search the forum,

Discuss Last minute, where can I buy a Gas meter union, Saturday morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones82

Gas Engineer
Hi
I'm wondering where I can buy a gas meter union on a Saturday morning! I don't think Plumb or Pts will do them, perhaps pipe center? Before you ask, yes I'm Gas safe, 563039.

I'm cutting out some old lead gas pipe at a friends house on Sunday, the lead is wiped onto the meter union, so I'm guessing 3/4 male? If the worse comes to the worse, will I be able to solder a 3/4 coupling or use a 3/4 compression fitting?

Thanks

Already tried there, not available to collect till Tuesday, I'm thinking some where I can walk in.

google local spares merchants and call them all in the morning

Just give transco a call when your there I'm sure he will have a few on his van or just ask a transco guy when your out and about.

Thanks guys, I've been meaning to get one all week! Checked online at Plumb and it said "product not available for collection" maybe just a crap website!

No they won't. They should, my local plumb center doesn't stock them but SPS and Williams do.

that says all you need to know about plumb center LOL

i should have said every good plumbers merchant! :)

i think any plumbers merchant who does not even stock what fittings you can get from screwfix and toolstation should be ashamed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Last minute, where can I buy a Gas meter union, Saturday morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hello, This is my first time posting as I'm a new member so apologies in advance if this has been covered before. I have recently done a landlords gas check at a property with only 1 gas appliance (heat only boiler) and ended up condemning it as it was ID for many reasons. The landlord asked...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see something that makes sense to them. We live in a council property, and a couple of years ago our boiler (a Promax 28 Combi) started flashing us the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having some issues with my current water main leaking. We had an extension put onto our house back in 2013, during which we moved our kitchen into the extension on the opposite side of the house. The stop tap was positioned in what would become the middle of our lounge, so the plumber...
Replies
Views
Hello - I would appreciate your help on the question of whether I need a 2nd gas meter. At present I have a U6 meter serving a WB combi 28kw, a gas hob 8kw (downstairs) and a 49 yr old Glow-worm boiler (14kw) (upstairs). The Glow-worm boiler has finally packed up and has been disconnected as it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock